Never did I know that Pittsburgh was such a food city! We were expecting lot of sports and history but Pittsburgh wowed us beyond that, BIG TIME.
A few things:
1. There are so many good restaurants anywhere you go! Just go to a neighborhood and search for a restaurant on Yelp. You will have several options!
2. Everything is close! The city was smaller than I thought.
3. Parking is so cheap (especially living in Norther Virginia and the district area)! On a game day, the parking garage over the bridge charges $5. Love you, PNC Park! 🙂
4. Restaurants I wanted to check out but didn’t get to: Meat and Potatoes / Jozsa Corner
5. Burgh Bits and Bites food tours, strongly recommended! You will get more than what you pay: food samplings, history, laughs, new friends and some workout (you will need some, trust me lol) 😉
6. SEEING IS BELIEVING! All the food pics are here and the list of the restaurants are on the bottom as well.
– Oakmont Bakery: heavenly bakery (not right in downtown but close enough)
– Glen’s frozen custard: adjacent to Oakmont bakery, def worth the trip!
– Labad’s: Middle Eastern. Awesome hummus! (food tour stop)
– Parma Sausage: meat, meat, meat (food tour stop) and a handsome meat guy! 😉
– Jimmy and Nino’s Sunseri: pepperoni rolls with the money sauce! (food tour stop)
– S & D Polish Deli: polish food and grocery (food tour stop)
– Colangelo’s: Northern Italian baked goods (food tour stop)
– The Enrico Biscotti Co.: 32 different flavors of biscottis (food tour stop)
– La Gourmandine Bakery: OMG…… Expect some crowd cuz it’s really small but everything was so good!
– Hofbräuhaus: German food including sauerkraut balls!
– Primanti Brothers: signature sandwich with beef, coleslaw and French fries all together (Sorry peeps in Philly but this sandwich is way better than Philly cheese steak, IMO.) 😉 One tip though. The one at the baseball stadium is not the same!
– Coca Cafe: great brunch option with fun items
*** Special thanks to Victoria, who was our AirBnb host! Without her, we wouldn’t have found the “best bakery in the world” in Oakmont! 😉 If you ever go to Pittsburgh and wanna stay in a nice, quiet neighborhood close to downtown, please check out her apartment on AirBnb.
Oh my, everything looks so heavenly! I wish I could eat everything haha 🙂
Your next trip could be to Pittsburgh…?! 😉
Definitively on my travel bucket-list! ❤