Oh boy. Last weekend, we went up to NYC to get a couple of things done and, of course, we tried to eat as many meals as possible in a very limited time frame. 😉 Here are things we ate.
1. Momofuku Noodle Bar – We had ramen noodles. I’ve become obsessed with finding GREAT ramen noodles. One thing is that I think I ate ramen noodles that were TOO good. That was in Osaka and I tend to compare every bowl to that one, which is not fair. Momofuku ramen noodles were good but they were not mind blowing. They do have some interesting dishes I want to try next time, though.
2. Levain Bakery – While standing in a mile long line, I felt like I became one of those tourists lined up in front of Georgetown Cupcake. Haha. This bakery has baseball size cookies. Was it worth the 15 minute wait? I say yes. Cookies were nice and crispy outside but super duper moist and soft inside. The peanut butter kind wasn’t from the best batch but overall it was a very satisfying experience.
3. Gato – Another restaurant of Bobby Flay’s. We were there for some cocktails so did not get to taste their food. However, people seemed to be happy with their food and the menu looked simple yet interesting. Maybe I’ll go back for the whole dining experience. 🙂 (Side note: are New Yorkers better looking than Washingtonians?? Sitting there watching people, I thought everyone was so pretty and handsome. Too much Riesling, maybe?)
4. Pepe Giallo – I personally liked this place a lot. It’s very small but nice and cozy. They seemed to have a terrace area where you can sit outside when weather is nice. I had spicy seafood pasta. I LOVE SPICY FOOD so I did not have any problem with the heat but apparently it wasn’t supposed to be THAT spicy. Overall, the restaurant owner (who I think is from Italy) was very attentive about it. It’s a great restaurant for a date I think. The best part? The price! They have 7 dollar pasta dishes. Unbelievable. No one can beat that!
5. 72nd Street Bagel – It’s just a small bagel place in the neighborhood recommended by our cousin. They make their bagel on site. LOX! Yup. Can’t miss that. Here’s my secret though. New York bagels are good but my favorite was the ones in Montreal!! Shhhhhhh
Next time I go up to NYC, where should I go? Suggestions?! 😉